ChalkBox

Linggo, Pebrero 22, 2015

Getting a Zero

I am not grade conscious. I have never been grade conscious. I remember that when I was a student I would just take a quick peep at my grades then forget about it the second the report card comes off my hand. I remember getting a failing grade in Chemistry and really just kept mum about it. It was not a big deal for me really. Not that I did not care at all. It's just that I knew even back then that numbers will never be able to describe the things that I learned and the things that I experienced.

I guess this is the same philosophy that I want to share to my students Not to think about the grades that they are going to get but to give primacy to the experience they are going to get while learning. I guess that is what matters most and that is what will remain in them years after they have gone out of school. Truth is, the world is not a big grading machine where you are measured by your General Point Average and your survival depends on whether or not you are still eligible for latin honors.

(to be continued...)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento