ChalkBox

Sabado, Hulyo 04, 2015

A Part of Something Big

"Be part of something greater than yourself."

That was the challenge given to us by the speakers during the last day of the APEC Schools General Assembly. It was a challenge that, I feel, my colleagues and I have already taken after being part of the APEC teaching community. However, for the newbies this is definitely something new.

I remember the fears I had going blindly into the venture. Honestly, I did not know what to expect. All I know was that I wanted to teach and by coincidence or by fate's decision, I stumbled upon APEC Schools. At first it was very taxing. The daily commute from Quezon City to Manila, where the training was, was draining and stressful. I had my share of thinking whether or not I will continue or just go back to my previous job. But as the days went on there were a lot of new and interesting things that got my attention and made me decide to stay. 

Fast forward eleven months and here we are, starting another school year. and from around sixty people inside a classroom we have grown to more than a hundred. The growth is overwhelming but one cannot deny that being part of something that have grown from a simple dream to reality can leave a lasting mark on one's being.

Seeing all those new faces mingling with the familiar ones makes me realize how people can be united by a single vision. I definitely felt a miasma of passion and excitement. Finally, I can feel that I was part of something great and that I was part of something bigger than myself.








Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento