ChalkBox

Lunes, Mayo 18, 2015

For Mary Jane

If there is one thing that I will never forget in the incident involving Mary Jane, it would be the courage she has shown in the face of imminent death. I was touched and taken aback by the letter that she wrote addressed to the Filipino youth. It was simple. It was brave and more importantly it was hopeful.
Today, I decided to read the letter to my students because I believed that they had to hear it. They are the heroes Mary Jane was talking about. I asked my students to reply to her letter.
Let me share one of them:
"Dear Mary Jane,
I didn't know that people like you still exist today. Even though you are in the worst scenario of your life, you still give us hope and encouragement to live our life according to what is right. You really served as a great motivation for us-the youth.
I adore you for having courage in risking your life and being ready to face the challenges you may encounter abroad. But unfortunately, you gained a negative result for doing positive and kind acts. I believe you have a good heart and you are not involved in the case you have. You just trusted someone who you thought can held you but led you to the wrong path instead. You did this because you want to give your family a bright future but ended up making it worse.
I just want to tell you that no pain and heartbreak last forever. I assure you that things will eventually get better. Faith restore hope and hope gives courage. Just keep in mind that our Lord is gracious and merciful. He will never ever leave you nor forsake you. You just need to put your trust on Him and He will lead you to the right path.
May your life serve as a lesson for us and you may be blessed by God and continue to have a kind and humble heart. I hope this message can somehow give you hope just like what your message brought to me. God bless you! Never forget that there is hope."
Whatever side your on in this issue, you cannot deny that this incident brought lessons that everyone needs to learn.True enough, even in the darkest of times a single spark of hope can light a thousand more. If a child can learn something from her plight, I am sure that it can also teach us a thing or two.
+BIL

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento