ChalkBox

Lunes, Mayo 18, 2015

Highlighting the Positive

It was a hot wednesday afternoon and I was craving for a bottle of my favorite refreshment. I decided to buy from the nearby sari-sari store. I asked the storekeeper if she was selling C2.
Instead of saying that they do not have what I was asking for, the storekeeper offered another product which I was not familiar with. I wanted to drink C2 so I just decided to find another store.
While enjoying my refreshment, I realized that despite being unsuccesful in pitching the product, the first storekeeper actually taught me about perspectives.
The truth is, all of us have our own set of strengths and limitations. How we use them to our advantage can actually spell the difference between failure and success. The storekeeper had a limitation and that was the inavailability of C2 but she had a strength which was the alternative product she was offering.
Instead of saying "I'm sorry, we do not have what you are looking for" she said "Here is a product that you might like. Why don't you try it out?"
She had a limitation but instead of crying and moping about it, she decided to HIGHLIGHT THE POSITIVE!
When given an important opportunity do we see more of what we LACK or do we highlight more of what we HAVE? When we present ourselves to the world, do we think more of what we can't do,what we don't have or what we are not or do we think of what we can do, what we have and what we are?
A change in perspective can go a long way. When we highlight the positive -our positive- rather than focusing on our negatives, maybe, just maybe, we might be able to do a succesful sales pitch at life.
+BIL
PFLGRD
5.13.2015

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento